Moved

This blog has moved to offthespork.com. Thanks!

Friday, January 18, 2008

Singapore food: random Japanese

On one of our evenings in Singapore, we caught up with a friend who lives there. We met him near his workplace, and ended up in a random Japanese restaurant in one of Singapore's many malls. We had been starved of seafood during our trip, so I was looking forward to having some sashimi.

Singapore: random Japanese


We ordered some edamame to share. It's kinda fun stripping the soybeans from the pod with your teeth.

Singapore: random Japanese


I had a beef and tofu meal. Mhmmm, it was good to eat tofu again. The meal set came came with the main tofu dish, plus a cup of savoury egg custard and watermelon.

Singapore: random Japanese


The savoury custard was quite good, if you like that kind of thing. My eyes were bigger than my stomach though, and I didn't finish my meal set because I had to save room for sashimi!

Singapore: random Japanese


The sashimi came out last. On the plate was salmon, tuna and some other random fish that I can't recall. The salmon was good, the white fish was okay, but the tuna was awful. So, so disappointing! The texture was all wrong, all gritty and strange. Ahh well. The evening was more about the company than the food, and at least that was good.


Related Posts with Thumbnails