Moved

This blog has moved to offthespork.com. Thanks!

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Melt and mix banana bread

Spring?


Is Spring coming? I walk past this tree every day on my way to/from work and noticed last week that it has started to produce flowers. There's only flowers on this one so far - the trees next to it are still bare. I sure hope Spring is coming!

Banana Bread


Bro and I spent some time in the kitchen in the weekend. Bro made soup and sour cream dumplings while I did some baking. I neglected to photo Bro's creations - sorry!

I felt like making some banana bread - merely so I could use a new tin! I recently got a mini loaf tin to add to my burgeoning tin collection. In my defence, some tins were presents - at least, that's what I say to ease the part of me that longs for an uncluttered life!

Banana Bread


I googled for a banana bread recipe, and came across one by Bill Granger for a melt and mix banana bread (there's also a coconut bread on that page that I'm keen to try soon). I was pretty faithful to the recipe - the only variation I made was to reduce the sugar to 3/4 cup. I was worried that it would be too sweet, but to be honest, the full cup of sugar would probably have been okay.

Banana Bread


I found that the banana breads rose A LOT and my mini loaves weren't so mini by the time they had finished baking! The breads were also very moist and the crunchy almond topping on top was super scrumptious. I ate all the topping that had fallen off the breads and found myself picking extra bits off!

It was a pretty good recipe, but if you have bananas lying around, I'd recommend this banana cake before it. Banana bread is pretty much cake anyway, right?


Related Posts with Thumbnails