Moved

This blog has moved to offthespork.com. Thanks!

Friday, September 14, 2007

Braised pork with star anise and ginger

Braised pork with star anise and ginger


I'm racking my brain to say something interesting.

I have nothing.

It's a good thing that there's internets. Instead of having something interesting to say, I can tell you about something interesting I read! Look at this article on the Guardian that discusses food combinations, and check out the recipe for Braised Lamb Shoulder. Apparently star anise, when combined with onion, enhances the flavour of meat. I think some experiments are in order!

The recipe for the braised pork above was from taste.com.au here. The only changes I made was to substitute the dry sherry for some chinese rice wine, add another clove of garlic (we love garlic), and double the amount of soy sauce as I didn't use stock - just water. It was a satisfying meal.


Related Posts with Thumbnails