Moved

This blog has moved to offthespork.com. Thanks!

Friday, September 28, 2007

Lemon Herb Squid

I got a small surprise when the latest issue of Delicious magazine arrived in my mailbox this week. In the whole month that had passed since the last issue, I had forgotten that I had a subscription! The slow slide into old age seems to have started. Soon I'll be prefacing all my sentences with, "In MY day..."

I adore the heat so the warmer weather recently has been very welcome. Not only has it meant that exercise outside is possible and desirable again, but it has also meant eating lighter meals. This is good news to me, as winter has left me feeling a bit rotund!

Lemon Herb Squid


The October issue of Delicious is chocka with recipes that are great for spring. For dinner on Wednesday, I picked up some squid from the market and made Lemon Herb Squid (on page 70 of the magazine). As the issue is currently being sold, I won't post the recipe here, but it's fairly straight forward. Marinate squid in olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley and oregano for a couple of hours. Then cook over high heat for a couple of minutes, and serve with a green salad.

I ended up having a fair amount of squid left over, and ending up dicing it up into a cous cous salad to take to work the next day. It was a pretty flash lunch, even if I do say so myself!

If you're keen for the recipe and can't/don't want to get the magazine, send me an email: sporkette at gmail.com.


Related Posts with Thumbnails