Moved

This blog has moved to offthespork.com. Thanks!

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Croissants

Croissants


One of the dishes I made for the French FFOF (flickr fuck off feast) was croissants. I followed the recipe outlined here, but omitted the vanilla essence.

They weren't difficult to make, but very time consuming. I left 5 hours on the actual day to prepare them, and that still wasn't enough time. My croissants came out quite flat – I didn't have enough time to let them rise before baking them. Part of the problem may have been that I rolled the dough too thinly.

Butters!


Despite the flatness, they were still buttery and flakey and crisp on the bottom. Alastair enjoyed them so much he ate almost half the batch, ruining his appetite for the rest of the FFOF. Although I noticed that he still had room for Tim's creme caramel!



Related Posts with Thumbnails