Moved

This blog has moved to offthespork.com. Thanks!

Monday, October 15, 2007

Three colour salad

Today has been a great day.

I've finished up at my old job and didn't have to go to work. I got to sleep in this morning!

And, I had lunch with a good friend that I haven't seen in ages.

And, the weather was gorgeous! As soon as I stepped outside and felt that warm air, I felt a twinge of glee.

PLUS, last night we had this beautiful salad. How can you not feel good after eating something so colourful and vibrant?

Three colour salad


Three colour salad

2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
2 cloves garlic, peeled and slightly crushed
400g broad beans, podded
1 bunch of asparagus
Lettuce
Red cabbage
salt and pepper

Parboil the potatoes and garlic in salted water until just cooked.

Blanch the broad beans in lightly salted water for a couple of minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and refresh under cold water. Peel off the thick skin.

Slice the asparagus into 3cm slices. Cook in the salted water for a couple of minutes and remove with a slotted spoon.

Slice up some lettuce and red cabbage (maybe a couple of leaves per person) and wash well. Spin in a salad spinner or dry well, then toss through the potatoes, broad beans, and asparagus with your choice of dressing (I used a bit of whole egg mayo and a dash of extra virgin olive oil). Season well with salt and pepper.


Related Posts with Thumbnails