Moved

This blog has moved to offthespork.com. Thanks!

Friday, October 12, 2007

Chorizo and chickpea salad

Another day, another meal utilizing canned chickpeas. I enjoy chickpeas, and I seem to use them a lot because they're so easy. Most weeknights, I don't have much time to cook - by the time I get home, chill for a bit (reading me some internets), exercise and shower, it's at least 7.30pm by the time I get in the kitchen. It's a good night when the bulk of my cooking time involves opening a can and tossing together some salad ingredients.

Chorizo and chickpea salad


Chorizo & Chickpea salad

Serves 3-4

2 chorizo sausages, sliced
400g can of chickpeas
Handful of mixed salad greens/lettuce per person
2 carrots, grated
1 Avocado, diced
Handful of sprouts
Extra virgin olive oil
Balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper

Heat a nonstick frying pan on medium heat, add the chorizo slices, and sauté gently on all sides until the juices run and the edges are slightly crisp. Turn off the heat and add the chickpeas into the pan, tossing them around until they're all nicely coated in that yummy, tasty fat.

Put the salad greens/lettuce, carrots, avocado and sprouts into a large salad bowl. Add the chorizo and chickpeas.

Drizzle over the olive oil and balsamic vinegar, toss gently and season well with salt and pepper.


Related Posts with Thumbnails